LARGE FORMAT PORCELAIN
After several decades of minimalist interior design, XXL tiles are now more popular than ever, and come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Let’s delve into why these large format tiles are so attractive to have in our homes with Karim Guirguis, director of sales and marketing at ITALBEC.
The arrival of large format tiles revolutionized the ceramic and countertop world. It’s now possible to create applications that would have been unimaginable a decade ago. Large format ceramics have taken over each and every room in a home as they can be applied to both the floor and wall. However, the possibilities don’t end there; they can also be used as a countertop surface, a fireplace mantel, or as a cover to kitchen cabinets. In short, its applications are limitless.
It’s possible to create a practical and original counter using large format ceramic tiles. Not to mention its many advantages:
- Excellent resistance to moisture and wear
- Excellent resistance to stains, scratches, and daily impact
- High thermal resistance
- Easy to maintain
- Extensive choice of styles, textures, and colors
- No treatment of sealant needed
Horizontal, diagonal, or vertical, square or rectangular models will allow you originality when laying extra-large format tiles.
Another advantage of the XXL tile: it adapts extremely well to all spaces, small and large, infusing a feeling of volume to any room in your home. XXL tiles eliminate the number and appearance of joints, thus giving your room the impression of being larger. Large ceramics also offer you the opportunity to create complete uniform and minimalist spaces by opting for the same product, size, color, and/or finish.
Large formats imitation ceramics are also gaining popularity. They are now found in a wider variety of colors and materials reproducing the effects of:
THE ADVANTAGES OF INALCO
- Perfectly uniform gloss on polished finishes
- Bright whites
- Smooth and satin finishing on matte surfaces
- Smoother texture on hammered finishes
- Realistic look, similar to real natural stone
- Low tension on slabs for cutting and manufacturing
- Turnkey services: from manufacturing to installation
- Better resistance to porosity
- The most varied color palette on the market
- Contains 30-50% recycles raw materials
- 100% porcelain product
- LEED points 4 – 1.2 – 7.1 – 4.3 – 1.1 – 1.4